Job Description – Communications Manager
Annette Carmichael Projects is an arts company that specialises in the creation of contemporary performance made with community members and professional artists. Annette also works as an independent producer and consultant to regional communities throughout Australia. She provides professional development services to local government, arts organisations and arts workers.
Denmark, Western Australia
8 hours/week plus additional hours during peak project times
Contract duration: from appointment until 31 December 2022
$63,000 pro rata plus 10 % superannuation, payable fortnightly via timesheet
Plus $200 per year contribution to personal mobile phone costs.
Line Manager: This role reports directly to Annette Carmichael, Director. All public communication must be approved by Annette prior to distribution.
Supervising: This role entails the occasional management of volunteers when required.
- Create and schedule Facebook and Instagram post
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Check Asana project management for tasks and update when completed
- Update MailChimp subscriber list
- Prepare content for enews using Mailchimp
- Review website and update using WordPress
- Create posters and flyers using Canva
- Attend meetings and provided administrative support to Annette
- Write media releases
- Manage interview and photoshoot scheduling
- Request and collate support material for funding applications from artists and stakeholders
- Speak with potential community participants about upcoming projects
- Create and manage invitation lists for projects
- Create and manage media lists for projects
- Host VIPs at performances and other events
- Co-ordinate marketing strategies for projects in collaboration with partners
- Organise printing and collection of posters, flyers and other marketing material
- Put up posters around town and distribute through networks
- Book and manage print and social media advertising
- Ensure all marketing material is compliant with funders’ logo and approval requirements
- Manage photo and film library
- Assist in the delivery of evaluation strategy that includes surveys and focus groups (when required)
- Support Tour Manger and Producer as instructed by Annette
- Other tasks as required to foster excellent relationships with community participants, artists and stakeholders